Saturday, July 20, 2013

Men's Jewellery and Piercings

It's very hard to wear jewellery if you're a guy. Someone will always find a reason to laugh at you regardless of what you wear, but the problem with jewellery in particular is that it has this prevailing sense of femininity attached to it.

Here are some points:

1. Queer will always rhyme with ear...

- If you've ever heard the expression "left ear, left queer" then you'll know where I'm going with this. The issue with this rule is that "ear" rhymes with "queer" regardless of which ear you have your piercing on.

- I'm a believer in avoiding facial and ear piercings for most men, because unless you own your own business or work as a hit man, you may give off a bad vibe. Although this shouldn't be the case, there are a lot of snobs out there and sadly there is often a direct correlation between how useful a person is to know and how much of a snob they are.

2. Keep it large!

- For most guys, you'll always look better with larger jewellery. Smaller jewellery tends to look for feminine. I recommend large leather bracelets like the one to the right, because no one will ever tell you that you look like a girl if you look like a tribal warrior.

- Try to avoid excessive patterns, as these can tip the jewellery to the feminine side.

3. Chains.

- Do not buy gold or silver chains! The stereotype exists for a reason so just don't buy them (unless you are a metals investor).

4. The major exception.



- If you wear a necklace that no one can see, you can allow it to be a little more dainty. Aragorn (to the right) is the best possible example of this, as you only ever see the Evenstar necklace in very intimate parts of the films. 

5. Piercings.

- I don't like piercings in general, but I suppose I can understand why some people get them. Just remember that no one will ever be impressed if you have your penis done. 

6. The major point!

- What accessories always come down to is coordination. This means that (as with watches) you need to have your bracelets or bangles coordinating with something else in your outfit (be it your shoes, trousers or socks). As long as you obey this point, you'll always look well put together, but just remember that forgetting this runs a big risk that you'll look stupid. 

I'm only doing a short post today, because I have some trousers to sew up, so until next time:

Dress Hot - Be Hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment