Anyway time for some tips:
1. If they have holes in get rid of them.
- Any woman who sees these shoes will think that you don't care for your possessions and therefore you won't care for her.
2. Polish and take care of your shoes.
- Try to polish them once a week and keep them in good nick. Not only will this make them last years longer you'll come across as a person who cares for your possessions. When it comes to trainers, just give them a wash once a month to keep them clean and fresh smelling.
3. Your shoes need to match your belt (and ideally your watch strap).
- This is all about coordination and remember that what ever you wear in life, never underestimate the power of colour coordination. This just helps to make you seem more put together and if you don't get this idea, think of it as equivalent to having your top button undone to a business meeting.
- I will make an exception here and say that if your shoes are a statement piece (they're red or snakeskin or something), then this matters a lot less.
4. Try to avoid contrast shoes.
- As with watches, stick to the classic colours of black and brown (I'm not even sure if I have a pair of brown shoes, but I should and so should you). Being the more formal, black shoes are ultimately the most important though. Also, contrast shoes are such a pain to care for and they will end up looking a bit odd after a couple of weeks.
- This just leads to more issues of care and also you just end up having more coordination problems. That being said, if you can put up with the higher level of care these are some of my favourite shoes (the ones to the left for example) and people will always ask you about them.
6. Different textures are cool!
- Snakeskin textures in particular can be a really nice alternative to normal shoe leather. You can be a bit more expressive with these as well, so I recommend white snakeskin shoes and black skinny jeans. It's a hot look!
7. Cubans? YES!
- If you (like me) are a bit vertically challenged, then go for the cuban heel. Just make sure that you view them in good humour, because people will joke a bit.
Anyway, I have work to do, so until next time:
Dress Hot - Be Hot!
I own none of these images, all of them can be found on Google.
No comments:
Post a Comment