Sunday, August 4, 2013

Fancy Dress (men and women)

You may think that I've dropped a few marbles if I'm now applying style rules to fancy dress parties, but there is more to this idea than meets the eye. People subconsciously judge each other on a variety of factors and what you look like is one of the major factors. 

I know that some times parties are themed specifically, but for those dubbed merely as "fancy dress" pick an outfit that acts as a banner of either your own thoughts and beliefs, or the ones you want to portray. 

Examples: 
- I have always gone as a gladiator, not because I like killing people, but because it projects ideas of strength (both metal and physical) and self honour. 

- Although speaking about strength and honour can be seen as somewhat humorous, it's still a valid point. 

- This same idea works in two ways though, because while people are subconsciously viewing me with strength and honour (It's worth pointing out that in reality they're unlikely to consciously think of me like this), women often end up with the reverse effect. 

- If you're a woman, dressing like a prostitute is only going to lead to men treating you like a prostitute and although I abhor men who act like this, you're still bringing it on yourself to an extent. Visually singing "I'm a whore" doesn't grant you subconscious levels of respect. 

- When it comes to picking up a fancy dress outfit, just go onto Amazon. On a side note, try to make stuff as well, as it gives you a higher level of individuality. The cape for my gladiator outfit was made from some old chain and a piece of shiny fabric. 

- Please accessorise your outfit! People will always have more respect for you when you look like you've made the effort. I have a Corinthian helmet that I take along to parties (it weighs so much that wearing it can be a little bit extreme). 

I can't think of anything else to write, but remember (aside from Dress Hot - Be Hot!) to dress how you want others to perceive you. 

See you later! 

I own none of the images in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment